Saturday 28 December 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dead Reckoning, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1946 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Mike Beebe: American lawyer and politician 45th Governor of Arkansas.
- Pierre Falardeau: Canadian director screenwriter and activist (d. 2009).
- Tim Johnson: American politician, senior senator from South Dakota.
- Barbara : Lady Judge American-English lawyer and businesswoman.
- Bill Lee: American former Major League Baseball pitcher, nicknamed Spaceman.
- Edgar Winter in Beaumont: Texas, USA; rocker ("They Only Come Out at Night", "Frankenstein").
- Jean-Paul Favand: French actor and antiques dealer, who created 'The Musée des Arts Forains - Collection Jean-Paul Favand,' a private museum of funfair objects located in Paris. It opened to the public in 1996, and now contains a variety of objects dating between 1850-1950 including 14 amusement rides, 16 fair stalls and restored attractions, 18 sets of historical works, and 1522 independent works. The collections include merry-go-rounds and carousels, German swings, hundred-year-old bicycles, Japanese billiards,
- Edgar Winter: American musician, a keyboards and alto sax player who focused his career on jazz and rock. In 1972 he had a No.. 1 hit entitled "Frankenstein" and the following year had a nearly-as-successful single called "Free Ride." Over the years he split time on albums with his brother Johnny and formed his own band, "The Edgar Winter Group." He has toured off and on with his group and has co-written material with other artists since 1980.
- Carrie Jacobs Bond: American composer (I Love You Truly), dies at age 85.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 December 1946 and get them!