Sunday 28 December 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Olle and Dick Diamonde [Van Der Sluys].
Secret Beyond the Door..., directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Dialing for Dollars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1947 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Andrew Olle: Broadcaster.
- Dick Diamonde [Van Der Sluys]: Hilversum -- Rock bassist (Easybeats).
- Aurelio Rodriguez: Mexican baseball player (d. 2000).
- Louis Floch: French football/soccer player, who played professionally from 1965 to 1980, including with the French national team (1969–1973).
- Mamphela Ramphele: South African politician, a former activist against apartheid, a medical doctor, an academic and businesswoman.
- Edward Zeines: American sculptor who often worked with chemicals and never wore a mask while sculpting his constructions. He was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease in 1989 and also has symptoms of multiple sclerosis. By 1989 he was unable to speak or take care of himself.
- Aurelio Rodríguez: Mexican baseball player coach and manager (d. 2000)
- Chicago Cardinals beat Philadelphia Eagles 28-21 in NFL championship game.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?