Friday 28 December 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Westward the Women, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1951 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Kenneth Pope: NFL Player.
- Valdenir Benedetti: Brazilian professional astrologer who founded his own school, is a consultant, and the author of a sun-sign column in a woman's magazine.
- Borwin Bandelow: German psychologist, a specialist in neurology and psychiatry.
- John Gray: American psychotherapist and writer, the author of "Men, Woman and Relationships," 1990 and the best-selling (close to two million copies) "Men Are From Mars, Women From Venus," 1992.
- Ian Buruma: Anglo-Dutch scholar and writer on Japan and the Far East.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?