Sunday 28 December 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Knight third baseman (New York Mets and S Epatha Merkerson in Saginaw.
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
My Cousin Rachel, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lash of the West.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1952!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1952 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Ray Knight third baseman (New York Mets: Baltimore Orioles).
- S Epatha Merkerson in Saginaw: Michigan, USA; actress (Lieutenant Van Buren - Law and Order).
- Arun Jaitley: Indian lawyer and politician 9th Indian Minister of Law and Justice.
- Bridget Prentice: Scottish educator and politician.
- Fletcher Henderson: American pianist and composer (d. 1952).
- Detroit Lions beat Cleveland Browns 17-7 in NFL championship game.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?