Tuesday 28 December 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Denzel Washington in Mount Vernon and Rosie Vela British singer (Zazu.
In UK Let's Have Another Party by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Animal Farm, directed by Joy Batchelor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bob Cummings Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1954!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1954 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Denzel Washington in Mount Vernon: New York, USA; actor (Dr Chandler - St. Elsewhere).
- Rosie Vela British singer (Zazu: Fools Paradise).
- Gayle King: Black-American editor-at-large for O, The Oprah Magazine, and former reporter, news anchor, talk show host and some-time actress.
- Denzel Washington: American actor, named one of the nation’s ten favorite actors who has earned his place in Hollywood through consistent excellence.
- Slavitza Jovan: Serbian model and actress.
- Lanny Poffo: Canadian-American wrestler and manager
- KEPR TV channel 19 in Pasco-Kennewick-Richl, WA (CBS) 1st broadcast
- 43rd Davis Cup: USA beats Australia in Sydney (3-2).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?