Friday 28 December 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1956 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Michael Gibbons: rocker (Bo Donaldson and Heywoods - "Billy Don't be a Hero").
- Kenneth Grant: Bass / vocalist (Midnight Star-No Parking, Operator).
- Nigel Kennedy: English violinist.
- Roelof Kranenburg: Dutch social democratic party-chairman, dies at age 76.
- Miss Frances [Horwich], last Ding Dong School on NBC-TV
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Johnnie Ray - Just Walkin' In The Rain
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock
- Frankie Vaughan - The Green Door
- Guy Mitchell - Singing The Blues
- The Four Aces - Love Is A Many Splendored Thing
- Malcolm Vaughan - St Therese Of The Roses
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock-A-Beatin' Boogie
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rip It Up
- Meet Me On The Corner - Max Bygraves
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?