Sunday 28 December 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Chipmunk Song by The Chipmunks.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1958 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Carl Marsden: Bodyguard.
- Carlos Carson: Football player.
- Terry Butcher: English footballer and manager.
- Naomi Fujiyama: Japanese actress.
- Gilles Leroy: French author.
- Twila Paris: American singer-songwriter and pianist
- Jean-Marc Governatori: French politician, former president and founder of the political movement 'La France en action' and current National Joint Secretary of The Independent Ecological Alliance.
- Mike McGuire in Haleyville: Alabama, USA; singer (Shenandoah - "Sunday in the South").
- Joe Diffie in Tulsa: Oklahoma, USA; country singer/guitarist ("Home").
- Chipmunks (Alvin, Simon & Theodore with David Seville) hit #1
- What might be called greatest NFL game, Colts beat Giants 23-17
- ''Greatest Game Ever Played'' : Baltimore Colts defeat the New York Giants in the first ever National Football League sudden death overtime game at New York's Yankee Stadium.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 December 1958 and get them!