Monday 28 December 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Why by Frankie Avalon.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Jack and the Beanstalk, directed by Jean Yarbrough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1959 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Everson Walls NFL cornerback (Dallas Cowboys: New York Giants).
- Hansjörg Kunze: German runner and sportscaster.
- Daniel Simpson: American composer.
- Ana Torroja: Spanish singer-songwriter (Mecano).
- Ante Pavelic: leader of Nazi Germany puppet Independent State of Croatia (Born 1889).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Fabian - Hound Dog Man
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?