Friday 28 December 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Telstar by The Tornadoes.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Days of Wine and Roses, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1962 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Keith Lee: Basketball player (Memphis State).
- Melissa R Kelly: former Maryland politician.
- Choi Soo Jong: South Korean actor.
- Abdi Bile: Somalian runner.
- Niel van der Watt: South African composer and educator.
- Kaye Adams: Scottish television presenter, best known for her appearances on "Loose Women" from 1999 to 2006 and again from 2013.
- Michel Petrucciani: French pianist and composer who transcended the physical handicap of being a dwarf to work with established musicians, including saxophonists Lee Konitz and Charles Lloyd, but who was particularly noted for his passionate and extroverted solos. Petrucciani won several awards including 1983’s "Jazz Man of the Year" and "Best European Jazz Musician," and his album, "100 Hearts," 1984, won the Grand Prix du Disque, the equivalent of a Grammy.
- Kathleen Clifford: American actress (Born 1887).
- UN troops occupies Elizabethstad Katanga
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Ray Charles - You Are My Sunshine
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
- Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans - Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah
- Brook Benton - Hotel Happiness
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?