Thursday 28 December 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Lynch in Sydney and Ghani Yalouz.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Hello Goodbye by The Beatles.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Scene.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1967!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1967 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Paul Lynch in Sydney: New South Wales, Australia; canoeist (Olympics-1996).
- Ghani Yalouz: French athlete, wrestler, he won a silver medal at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.
- Chris Ware: American illustrator.
- Katharine McCormick: American biologist philanthropist and activist (d. 1967).
- KTSB (now KSNT) TV channel 27 in Topeka, KS (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Muriel Siebert is 1st women to own a seat on New York Stock Exchange
- BTla Schick, Hungarian/American children's physician (Scarlet Fever), dies at age 90.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 December 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- The Fantastic Johnny C - Boogaloo Down Broadway
- Joe Tex - Skinny Legs And All
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Tom Jones - Green Green Grass Of Home
- Long John Baldry - Let The Heartaches Begin
- The Seekers - Morningtown Ride
- Dave Clark Five - Everybody Knows
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- Val Doonican - If The Whole World Stopped Loving
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- Tom Jones - I'm Coming Home
- Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick & Tich - Save Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?