Saturday 28 December 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrecking Crew, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1968 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Akihiko Hoshide: Japanese engineer and astronaut.
- Darrick Brownlow: NFL linebacker (Washington Redskins).
- Jennifer Palmquest in Wilmot: South Dakota, USA; Miss South Dakota-America (1991).
- Jozef Dano in Skalica: Czechoslovakia; hockey forward (Team Slovakia 1998).
- KVOF (KUDO, now KWBB) TV channel 38 in SF, CA (IND) 1st broadcast
- Israeli assault on Beirut Airport.
- 100,000 attend Miami Pop Festival, Florida.
- 57th Davis Cup: USA beats Australia in Adelaide (4-1).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- The Temptations - Cloud Nine
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 December 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?