Thursday 28 December 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adam Clawson and Jim Kitts.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Me And Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul.
In UK My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pipkins.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1972!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1972 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Adam Clawson: Salt Lake City, Utah -- Slalom single canoe (1996 Olympics - 19th Place).
- Jim Kitts: WLAF running back (Frankfurt Galaxy, Miami Dolphins).
- Adam Vinatieri WLAF punter/kicker (Amsterdam Admirals: New England Patriots).
- Jean-Francois Jomphe Havre in St-Pierre: California, USA; NHL right wing (Anaheim Mighty Ducks).
- Yannick Bestaven: French sailor, a professional skipper and the designer of the hydro-generator 'watt&sea,' an apparatus for generating electricity by means of a propeller driven by the movement of the boat.
- Pat Rafter: Australian tennis player, winner of his first major championship at the 1994 Manchester Open before going on to win the U.S. Open in 1997 and 1998. Over the course of his career, the talented right-hander earned more than $5 million from tournaments and even more through endorsement deals.
- Cédric Soubiron: French composer, singer, programmer, and DJ, a founding member of the French hip hop group, Manau.
- Adam Vinatieri: Football Player
- Supakorn Kitsuwon: Thai actor
- Roberto Palacios: Peruvian footballer
- Patrick Rafter: Queensland, Australia -- Tennis star (1993 USTA / Aptos California)
- Shinobu Terajima: Japanese actress
- Martin Bormann's skeleton found in Berlin (Adolf Hitler's deputy).
- Kim Il-song becomes President of North Korea.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- Donna Fargo - Funny Face
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- The New Seekers - I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)
- The Osmonds - Crazy Horses
- Neil Reid - Mother Of Mine
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Long Haired Lover From Liverpool
- Benny Hill - Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West)
- Slade - GudBuy T'Jane
- Congregation - Softly Whispering I Love You
- Donny Osmond - Why
- Middle Of The Road - Soley Soley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?