Sunday 28 December 1975
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tannis Vallely in New York City and Kesley Perrin.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Let's Do It Again by The Staple Singers.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Barry Lyndon, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Extra Drei.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anti-Aircraft or Steeplechase.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1975!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1975 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Tannis Vallely in New York City: New York; actress (Janice Lazorotto-Head of the Class).
- Kesley Perrin: Canadian Football League defensive back (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- BJ Ryan: American baseball player.
- B Ryan: American baseball player.
- Hail Mary Pass-Cowboys beat Vikings 17-14 on last second pass
- 1st broadcast of radio Hilversum IV (classic music)
- Earthquake in Pakistan, 4,000 die
- Red Army beats New York Rangers 7-3 at Madison Square Garden, New York.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 December 1975
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Staple Singers - Let's Do It Again
- Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Sweet - Fox On The Run
- Silver Convention - Fly, Robin, Fly
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?