Wednesday 28 December 1988
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laganja Estranja and Florrie .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison.
In UK Mistletoe And Wine by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Beaches, directed by Garry Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Sands Of Time by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Visiting... with Huell Howser.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bad Dudes Vs. DragonNinja or Bonze Adventure.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1988!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1988 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Laganja Estranja: Reality Star.
- Florrie : English singer-songwriter.
- Lo Chih-an: Taiwanese footballer.
- Lo Chih-en: Taiwanese footballer.
- Martina Pretelli: Sammarinese sprinter.
- Hal Ashby: Academy-award winning director, dies of cancer at 59.
- John Tarrant, 1st Aust born Zen teacher, receives Dharma Transmission
- US 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals affirms Yonkers is guilty of racism
- US second Circuit Court of Appeals affirms Yonkers is guilty of racism.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 December 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Chicago - Look Away
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall
- Phil Collins - Two Hearts
- Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
- Bangles - In Your Room
- Eddie Money - Walk On Water
- Taylor Dayne - Don't Rush Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?