Saturday 28 February 1925
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Lady of the Night, directed by Monta Bell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1925!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1925 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Harry Corbett: Burmese-English actor (d. 1982).
- Harry H Corbett: Rangoon, Burma -- Actor (Steptoe & Son, Jabberwacky).
- Roger Papaz: French entrepreneur, the CEO of AGF from 1979 to 1990 and Chairman of the NSM bank's supervisory board from 1994.
- Tea For Two by Marion Harris hit #1
- Congress authorizes a special handling stamp
- Longest win streak in Toronto Maple Leaf history (9 games)
- Theater Museum of Amsterdam forms
- US Congress authorizes a special handling stamp.
- The 1925 Charlevoix-Kamouraska earthquake strikes northeastern North America.
- İsmet İnönü is appointed as the prime minister in Turkey (Turkey's 4th and İnönü's 3rd government).
- The inauguration of Calvin Coolidge as President of the United States becomes the first to be broadcast on radio.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- All Alone - John McCormack
- Indian Love Call - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- My Best Girl - Nick Lucas
- Honest and Truly - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 February 1925 and get them!