Tuesday 28 February 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bettye Ackerman in Cottageville and Smokey The.
A Girl in Every Port, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1928!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1928 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Bettye Ackerman in Cottageville: South Carolina, USA; actress (Maggie Graham - Ben Casey).
- Smokey The: Bear.
- Tom Aldredge in Dayton: Ohio, USA; actor (What About Bob, Nurse, Mind Snatchers).
- Tom Aldredge: American stage, film and television actor, director and producer; he married costume designer Theoni Vachlioti in December 1953 and made his stage debut in 1957.
- Wolfgang Döbereiner: German pro astrologer, a homoeopathist and author.
- James Lowell: American miner and geologist, pre-eminent in his field. In 2002 he was inducted to the American Mining Hall of Fame. A well educated man, he holds a BS degree in mining engineering from the University of Arizona (1949), an MS in geology from Stanford University (1957), and a professional engineering degree from the University of Arizona (1959). He is the recipient of honorary degrees from the Universidad Nacional de San Marcos in Peru in 1988 and the University of Arizona in 2000.
- Antonio Rodriguez Balinas: Puerto Rican soldier who reached the rank of brigadier general in the United States Army. He participated in the Korean War and was the first commander of the Office of the Deputy First Command of the US Army. He was awarded the Silver Star, Legion of Merit and the Purple Heart. He retired from the army in 1980 and died in Puerto Rico on 21 September 2011.
- Stanley Baker: Actor (Accident, Guns of Navarone), dies at 49
- C.V. Raman discovers Raman effect.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?