Tuesday 28 February 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
A Girl in Every Port, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1928!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1928 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Stanley Baker: Actor (Accident, Guns of Navarone), dies at 49.
- Bettye Ackerman in Cottageville: South Carolina, USA; actress (Maggie Graham - Ben Casey).
- Smokey The: Bear.
- Tom Aldredge in Dayton: Ohio, USA; actor (What About Bob, Nurse, Mind Snatchers).
- Antonio Rodriguez Balinas: Puerto Rican soldier who reached the rank of brigadier general in the United States Army.
- Wolfgang Döbereiner: German pro astrologer, a homoeopathist and author. He was the Director of the Munich school where he developed the Munich-Rhythm Theory, house progressions of seven years per hours, starting from the Ascendant clockwise (from the 12th house around the horoscope to the 1st house). His special interests were in astro-medicine, psychological astrology, astro-rhythms and animal horoscopes. He was extensively published.
- James Lowell: American miner and geologist, pre-eminent in his field. In 2002 he was inducted to the American Mining Hall of Fame. A well educated man, he holds a BS degree in mining engineering from the University of Arizona (1949), an MS in geology from Stanford University (1957), and a professional engineering degree from the University of Arizona (1959). He is the recipient of honorary degrees from the Universidad Nacional de San Marcos in Peru in 1988 and the University of Arizona in 2000.
- Tom Aldredge: American stage, film and television actor, director and producer; he married costume designer Theoni Vachlioti in December 1953 and made his stage debut in 1957. As a character actor, he worked until his last decade in two popular television series,"The Sopranos" starring James Gandolfini and Edie Falco and "Damages" starring Glenn Close. In his long career, he played such characters as the original portrayal of the lead character, Norman Thayer, in the Broadway premiere of "On Golden Pond" (197
- C.V. Raman discovers Raman effect.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 February 1928 and get them!