Saturday 28 February 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Thieuloy and Gustav Thoni in Italy skier (World Cup-1971.
Dishonored, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1931!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1931 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Jack Thieuloy: Writer.
- Gustav Thoni in Italy skier (World Cup-1971: 1972, 1973, 1975).
- Gavin MacLeod in Mount Kisco: New York, USA; American actor (Murray - The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Captain Stubing - The Love Boat), Christian activist.
- Peter Alliss: British golfer, formerly a champion, became a leading golf commentator.
- Gavin MacLeod: American actor, best known for the TV series "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" (1970-77) and "The Love Boat" (1977-87).
- Dean Smith: American basketball coach
- Iajuddin Ahmed: Bangladeshi academic and politician 14th President of Bangladesh (d. 2012)
- Oswald Mosley founds his New Party
- Canadian Rugby Union adopts the forward pass.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 February 1931
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?