Wednesday 28 February 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1940 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Barry Fantoni: English astrologer author and illustrator.
- Joe South: Atlanta, Georgia -- Guitarist / songwriter / singer (Games People Play).
- Mario Andretti: Italian-American auto racer along with his twin brother Aldo.
- Aldo Andretti: Italian-American auto racer who began his career in 1956 with his identical twin brother, Mario.
- Joe South in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; guitarist/songwriter/singer ("Games People Play").
- Johan C Braakensiek: Dutch political cartoonist, dies at age 81.
- 1st televised basketball game (University of Pittsburgh beats Fordham University, 50-37)
- US population at 131,669,275 (12,865,518 blacks (9.8%))
- Basketball is televised for the first time (Fordham University vs. the University of Pittsburgh in Madison Square Garden).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 February 1940 and get them!