Saturday 28 February 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ricky "Dragon" Steamboat [Richard Blood] and Ingo Hoffman.
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Romper Room and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1953 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Ricky "Dragon" Steamboat [Richard Blood]: Wrestler (NWA / WWF / WCW / AWA).
- Ingo Hoffman: Brazilian race car driver for Emerson Fittipaldi.
- Ricky Steamboat: American professional wrestler.
- Ingo Hoffmann: Brazilian race car driver.
- Paul Krugman: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Jim Thorpe: American professional athlete who won awards in over seven events; 100 Meter Dash, the 1500 Meter Run, the Broad Jump, the Discuss, the 100 Meter Hurdle, the High Jump and the Shot Put.
- Stalin meets with Beria, Bulganin, Khrushchev and Malenkov
- James D. Watson and Francis Crick announce to friends that they have determined the chemical structure of DNA; the formal announcement takes place on April 25 following publication in April's Nature (pub. April 2).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 February 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?