Thursday 28 February 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
In UK The Garden Of Eden by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
The Incredible Shrinking Man, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Fountain Overflows by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1957!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1957 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Nathalie Ménigon: French criminal, convicted for acts of terrorism committed while she was a member of the French revolutionary group Action directe.
- Ainsley Harriott: British celebrity chef.
- John Turturro in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Brain Donor, Color of Money, Jungle Fever).
- Cindy Wilson in Athens: Georgia, USA; rock vocalist (B-52's - "Love Shack").
- Phil Gould: rock percussionist (Level 42 - "Hot Water").
- Jeff Woodland: in Papua New Guinea; Nike golfer (1991 Dakota Dunes Open).
- Ian Stanley: keyboardist.
- Paul Delph: American singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (Zahara) (d. 1996)
- Micky Stead: English footballer
- John Turturro: American actor director and screenwriter
- Cindy Wilson: American singer-songwriter and actress (The B-52's)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?