Friday 28 February 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Get A Job by The Silhouettes.
In UK The Story Of My Life by Michael Holliday was in the top 5 hits.
The Brothers Karamazov, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1958!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1958 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Ginette Harrison: British mountaineer (d. 1999).
- David R Ross: Scottish historian and writer (d. 2010).
- Christine Lathan-Brehmer: in German Democratic Republic; 400 metre runner (Olympics-gold-1976).
- Mark Pavelich: NHL player (New York Rangers).
- Jack Abramoff: American political figure and convict.
- Natalya Estemirova: Russian journalist and activist (d. 2009)
- Jeanne Mas: French singer-songwriter and actress
- David Ross: Scottish historian and author (d. 2010)
- Corinne Flynn: American homicide victim, raped and stabbed to death on 8/27/1991, Hyde Park, MA by a family friend, Gerald Craffey. Disabled with multiple sclerosis and in a wheelchair, she was unable to fight off Craffey's attack. A carpenter, Craffey had a history of alcoholism and assaults on women. He had entered a detox center to combat drug and alcohol abuse in August 1991 and checked himself out on August 17th. Ten days later he brutally attacked Flynn, stabbing her six times. For five years he played t
- A school bus in Floyd County, Kentucky hits a wrecker truck and plunges down an embankment into the rain-swollen Levisa Fork River. The driver and 26 children die in what remains the worst school bus accident in U.S. history.
- One of the worst school bus accidents in U.S. history occurs at Prestonburg, Kentucky 29 are killed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1958 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 February 1958 and get them!