Saturday 28 February 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stagger Lee by Lloyd Price.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
The Journey, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1959!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1959 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Gabriella Carlucci: Italian television presenter and politician.
- Sydney P: Mufamadi; South African leader (SACP).
- W Warendorf: Dutch artist who designs strip cartoons.
- Jack Abramoff: American attorney and lobbyist, accused and convicted of misuse of funds to unduly influence members of Congress.
- Megan McDonald: Children's Author.
- Maxwell Anderson: American "omnisexual," a hormone-taking but non-operative female-to-male "transman.
- Goldilocks closes at Lunt Fontanne Theater NYC after 161 performances
- Launch of Discoverer 1 (WTR)-first polar orbit.
- NFL trade, Chicago Cards trade Ollie Matson to LA Rams for 9 players
- Ice Dance Championship at Colorado Springs USA won by Denny and Jones of Great Britain.
- Ice Pairs Championship at Colorado Springs won by Wagner and Paul of Canada.
- Discoverer 1, an American spy satellite that is the first object to achieve a polar orbit, is launched.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- LaVern Baker - I Cried A Tear
- Annette - Tall Paul
- Petite Fleur (Little Flower) - Chris Barber's Jazz Band
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Ray Anthony - Peter Gunn
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?