Thursday 28 February 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Never Back Down, directed by Jeff Wadlow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Appeal by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 2008!
Which were the important events of 28 February 2008 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 February
- Mike Smith: English musician (The Dave Clark Five) (Born 1943).
- A report by the Pew Center on the United States says the American penal system held more than 2.3 million adults at the start of the year, meaning more than one in every 100 American adults is confined in a prison or jail, the highest ratio in the nation's history. The report also notes that the United States incarcerates more people than any other country in the world.
- Legislation (HR 5512) is introduced in the House of Representatives, the Coin Modernization and Taxpayer Savings Act of 2008. It includes replacing the copper-plated zinc cent with a steel coin, and requiring the US Mint lose money on any circulating coin for five years before changing alloys.
- Germany becomes the first country to formalize its recognition of Kosovo by renaming its diplomatic office in Pristina into an embassy. (Novinite, Sofia News Agency)
- The Israeli Air Force launches a series of air strikes into Gaza following Hamas rocket attacks, with 32 confirmed dead. (BBC News)
- Ecuador suspends oil exports after a landslide cuts off its main pipeline. (AFP)
- International media report that Prince Henry of Wales has been serving in the Helmand province of Afghanistan. (ABC News Australia)
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation will review a denial by baseball star Roger Clemens that he ever used steroids or human growth hormone. (Bloomberg)
- Kofi Annan announces that Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki and opposition leader Raila Odinga have agreed to form a coalition government to resolve the country's political crisis. (VOA)
- Applied mathematicians at Brown University have (Brown University)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 2008?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?