Sunday 28 February 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Alice in Wonderland, directed by Tim Burton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 28 February 2010 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 February
- 2010 Winter Olympics:
- Hosts Canada defeat the United States 3-2 in overtime to win the men's hockey tournament. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Hundreds of people wearing pink wigs and pink clothing walk out of Catholic Mass in 's-Hertogenbosch in the Netherlands in protest of a gay Dutch man being refused communion in a nearby town. (UPI)
- 2010 Chile earthquake and Pacific Ocean tsunamis:
- At least 708 people are confirmed dead in Chile (CNN)
- Japan and numerous other countries evacuate coastal residents as a tsunami approaches. Some Japanese homes are flooded by the tsunami. (''The New Zealand Herald'')
- Tajikistan votes in parliamentary elections. (Al Jazeera)
- A storm sweeps across Western Europe, killing at least 50 people and leaving a million homes without power. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- 900 ships are stranded in south China's Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region amid falling water level caused by severe drought. The waterway traffic jam started on Wuzhou City section of Xijiang River. (''China Daily'')
- 11 civilians die in a roadside bomb in Helmand Province. (Reuters India)
- Three ETA militants, including one of its top leaders, Ibon Gogeascoechea, on the run since 1997, are detained in a French-Spanish raid in Cahan, Orne. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- About eighty tons of dead fish are discovered and removed in a lagoon in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, likely due to localized ocean anoxia and algal blooms.'' (''Latin American Herald Tribune'')
- Egyptian authorities announce the discovery of a granite head from a statue of Tutankhamun's grandfather Amenhotep III, which was unearthed at a temple in Luxor. (Xinhua)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?