Thursday 28 January 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Goose Girl, directed by Frederick Thomson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1915 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Nien Cheng: Chinese-born American writer (d. 2009).
- Nikolay Umov: Russian physicist and mathematician (d. 1915).
- 1st US ship lost in WWI, William P Frye (carrying wheat to UK)
- US Coast Guard created from Life Saving and Revenue Cutter services.
- US President Wilson refuses to prohibit immigration of illiterates.
- An act of the U.S. Congress creates the United States Coast Guard.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Roll Them Cotton Bales - Heidelberg Quintet
- You're More Than the World to Me - George Wilton Ballard
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?