Sunday 28 January 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Rosie O'Grady, directed by John H. Collins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1917 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Walter Schmidt: Germany Military man.
- Pierre Chaffiotte: French engineer, administrator and director; a motor mechanic who filed more than 30 patents during his career.
- Eivind Erichsen: Norwegian economist and senior civil servant.
- John Schaetzel: American business consultant, executive.
- Municipally owned streetcars take to the streets of San Francisco, California.
- The United States ends its search for Pancho Villa.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- O'Brien is Tryin' to Learn to Talk Hawaiian - Horace Wright
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 January 1917 and get them!