Monday 28 January 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harry M Corbett and Vito Scotti.
Go West, Young Man, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1918 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Harry M Corbett: Bradford -- Puppeteer / entertainer (Sooty, Some People).
- Vito Scotti: San Francisco, California -- Actor (Flying Nun, Barefoot in the Park).
- Wilson Ferreira Aldunate: Uruguayan politician / human rights worker.
- Suzanne Flon: Paris, France -- Actress (One Deadly Summer, Moulin Rouge).
- Harry Corbett: English puppeteer actor and screenwriter (d. 1989).
- Trevor Skeet: New Zealand-English lawyer and politician (d. 2004)
- Trotsky becomes leader of Reds.
- Finnish Civil War: Rebels seized control of the capital, Helsinki, and members of the Senate of Finland go underground.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'm All Bound Round with the Mason-Dixon Line - Irving Kaufman
- La Ronde Des Lutins (Dance of the Goblins) - Jascha Heifetz
- Somewhere in France is the Lily - Charles Hart
- Life in a Trench in Belgium (Part 1) - Lieutenant Gitz Rice of the First Canadians & Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?