Monday 28 January 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harry M Corbett and Vito Scotti.
Go West, Young Man, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1918 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Harry M Corbett: Bradford -- Puppeteer / entertainer (Sooty, Some People).
- Vito Scotti: San Francisco, California -- Actor (Flying Nun, Barefoot in the Park).
- Wilson Ferreira Aldunate: Uruguayan politician / human rights worker.
- Suzanne Flon: Paris, France -- Actress (One Deadly Summer, Moulin Rouge).
- Harry Corbett: English puppeteer actor and screenwriter (d. 1989).
- Trevor Skeet: New Zealand-English lawyer and politician (d. 2004)
- Trotsky becomes leader of Reds.
- Finnish Civil War: Rebels seized control of the capital, Helsinki, and members of the Senate of Finland go underground.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 January 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'm All Bound Round with the Mason-Dixon Line - Irving Kaufman
- La Ronde Des Lutins (Dance of the Goblins) - Jascha Heifetz
- Somewhere in France is the Lily - Charles Hart
- Life in a Trench in Belgium (Part 1) - Lieutenant Gitz Rice of the First Canadians & Henry Burr
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?