Sunday 28 January 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Three Caballeros, directed by Norman Ferguson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1945 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- John Perkins: American environmental activist, indigenous people's advocate, etnrepreneur and author of several books including best-selling "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man," "Secret History of the American Empire" and "Shapeshifting, The World Is As You Dream It.
- Nick Raynsford: British Member of Parliament.
- Maxwell Fuller: Australian chess player (d. 2013).
- Karen Gorney: American actress and singer.
- Marthe Keller: Swiss actress and director.
- Robert Wyatt: English singer-songwriter and drummer (Soft Machine The Wilde Flowers and Matching Mole)
- Karen Lynn Gorney: American actress
- Philip "Felix" Bekkers: Actor (We Go on Trip), dies at 37.
- Gen Vinegar Joe Stillwell and truck convoy reopen Burma Road to China
- Dutch airplanes dump pamphlets on Java.
- American troops regain the front lines against the Germans held on December 16. Allied armies suffered about 83,000 casualties, and lost about 800 tanks. Germany lost over 100,000 men, 800 tanks, and 1000 aircraft.
- Swedish ships bring food to starving Netherlands.
- World War II: Supplies begin to reach the Republic of China over the newly reopened Burma Road.
- The ''Wilhelm Gustloff'', with over 10,000 mainly civilian Germans from Gotenhafen (Gdynia) in the Gdansk Bay, is sunk by three torpedoes from the ''Soviet submarine S-13'' in the Baltic Sea up to 9,400 are thought to have died – the greatest loss of life in a single ship sinking in war action in history.
- Raid at Cabanatuan: 121 American soldiers and 800 Filipino guerrillas free 813 American POWs from the Japanese-held camp at Cabanatuan City, Philippines.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?