Saturday 28 January 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Carl Hilmers and Glyn Ford.
The Third Man, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while A Rage To Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What's My Line?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1950 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- David Carl Hilmers: Iowa, United States -- Colonel USMC / Astronaut (STS 51-J, 26, 36, 42).
- Glyn Ford: British MEP.
- Barbi Benton [Klein] in California: USA; Playboy model/actress (Hee Haw, Sugar Time!).
- David C Hilmers: NASA astronaut.
- Hamad ibn Isa Al Khalifah: King of Bahrain.
- David Hilmers: American astronaut, a crew member of the Discovery 9/1988. He had a B.A. in mathematics from Cornell, an M.S. in electrical engineering, with distinction, and an electric engineer degree from the U.S. Naval Post-grad school. He was selected for the Astronaut program in July 1980.
- Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa: Bahraini king
- Barbi Benton: American model actress and singer
- Bob Hay: American singer-songwriter (Supercluster)
- Naila Kabeer: Bangladeshi-English economist and academic
- Nikolai Luzin: Russian mathematician theorist and academic (d. 1950).
- Preston Tucker, auto maker, found not guilty of mail fraud
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?