Wednesday 28 January 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
Niagara, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1953 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Christian Kratz: French Catholic clergyman, the auxiliary bishop of Strasbourg since 2001.
- Sheri Diamond: American con-artist with a number of different aliases, five drivers licenses and several birth certificates, but known to the cops as "the shrimp lady.
- Richard Anconina: French actor whose notable films include Tchao Pantin, Police, Itinéraire d'un enfant gâté, Le Petit Criminel, and La Vérité si je mens!.
- Robert Cringely: American technology journalist.
- Jim Bostic: American athlete, pro basketball player for one season, 1977-78 for Detroit.
- Colin Campbell: Canadian ice hockey player and executive
- Chris Carter: English DJ and producer (Throbbing Gristle and Chris & Cosey)
- Anicée Alvina: French singer and actress.
- Debbie Steinbach: LPGA golfer
- Michael Day: Rocker
- WJTV TV channel 12 in Jackson, MS (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Derek Bentley is executed for murder in HM Prison Wandsworth.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Four Knights - Oh, Happy Day
- Oh Happy Day - Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?