Monday 28 January 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Walk Right In by The Rooftop Singers.
In UK The Next Time / Bachelor Boy by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Raven, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1963!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1963 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Colleen Harp in Washington DC: USA; WPVA volleyball player (US Open-9th-1994).
- Danny Spitz: heavy metal guitarist (Anthrax - "Protest and Survive").
- Denise Beillmann: Switzerland -- Figure skater (1980 Olympics - 4th Place).
- Daniel Gocheneur: American pro burglar who was sentenced to ten years in March 1984 and again in June 1991 for attempted burglary sentenced to five years.
- Dan Spitz: American guitarist and songwriter (Anthrax and Overkill).
- -34 degrees F (-37 degrees C) in Cynthiana, Kentucky, USA (state record).
- African American student Harvey Gantt enters Clemson University in South Carolina, the last U.S. state to hold out against racial integration.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul and Paula - Hey Paula
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In
- Bobby Vee - The Night Has A Thousand Eyes
- The Exciters - Tell Him
- Johnny Thunder - Loop De Loop
- The Drifters - Up On The Roof
- Paul Petersen - My Dad
- Rick Nelson - It's Up To You
- Mary Wells - Two Lovers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 January 1963 and get them!