Sunday 28 January 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Superstition by Stevie Wonder.
In UK Long Haired Lover From Liverpool by Little Jimmy Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1973!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1973 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Robert Braknis in MontrTal: QuTbec, Canada; 100m backstroke/4 x 100 (Olympics-1996).
- Joe Stephens: NBA forward (Houston Rockets).
- Bronwyn Thompson: Australian rower (Olympics-1996).
- Jerome Allen: American basketball player, a one-time guard for the Vancouver Bucks.
- John Banner: Austrian actor (Born 1910).
- Barnaby Jones premieres on CBS TV
- Ron Howard appears on M*A*S*H in Sometimes You Hear the Bullet
- Henry Boucha of the Detroit Red Wings, scores 6 seconds into a game versus Montreal Canadiens.
- Mickey Welch, George Kelly, and Billy Evans elected to Baseball Hall of Fame.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Hurricane Smith - Oh, Babe, What Would You Say?
- Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- War - The World Is A Ghetto
- Marvin Gaye - Trouble Man
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 January 1973 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?