Monday 28 January 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Rock With You by Michael Jackson.
In UK Brass In Pocket by The Pretenders was in the top 5 hits.
American Gigolo, directed by Paul Schrader, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Smiley'S People by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1980!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1980 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Jesse James Hollywood: American drug dealer and fugitive.
- Yasuhito Endo: Japanese footballer.
- Yasuhito Endō: Japanese footballer.
- Brian Fallon: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Gaslight Anthem and The Horrible Crowes).
- Michael Hastings: American journalist and author (d. 2013).
- Jesse Hollywood: American murderer
- Nick Carter American singer: member of Backstreet Boys.
- Eddie O'Brian: American homicide, convicted of first-degree murder of the stabbing of his 42-year-old neighbor, the mother of his best friend. A big boy at 15, he was 6'4", 260 lbs, the only boy in the family with four sisters. A gentle boy, he never disobeyed his strict parents and was known as the grandson of the city's police chief of the past two decades.
- Nick Carter: American musician, singer, dancer and drummer; the youngest, and by some accounts, the most popular, member of the "boy-band," the "Backstreet Boys."
- Alicia Cavanaugh: American skater, a winner of championship awards from 1997 at age 17. Skating from the age of five, she won her first competition at nine. By the time she was 15 she was competing with the senior skaters.
- 37th Golden Globes: Dustin Hoffman and Sally Field win.
- USCGC Blackthorn collides with the tanker Capricorn while leaving Tampa Florida and capsizes killing 23 Coast Guard crewmembers.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Michael Jackson - Rock With You
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- Teri DeSario - Yes, I'm Ready
- Kenny Rogers - Coward Of The County
- Smokey Robinson - Cruisin'
- Fleetwood Mac - Sara
- Eagles - The Long Run
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Don't Do Me Like That
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 January 1980 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?