Wednesday 28 January 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Tide Is High by Blondie.
In UK Imagine by John Lennon was in the top 5 hits.
Scanners, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1981!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1981 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Guude : YouTube Star.
- Big Freedia: Rapper.
- Elijah Wood: Movie Actor.
- Hoshino: Japanese singer-songwriter and actor (Sakerock).
- Elijah Wood in Cedar Rapids: Iowa; American actor and music producer (Radio Flyer, Good Son).
- Olympic Glory oil tanker at Galveston Bay, Texas, spills one million gallons of oil in a ship collision.
- William J Casey becomes the 13th director of US Central Intelligence Agency (until 1987).
- Ronald Reagan lifts remaining domestic petroleum price and allocation controls in the United States helping to end the 1979 energy crisis and begin the 1980s oil glut.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Kool & The Gang - Celebration
- Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Rod Stewart - Passion
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Dolly Parton - 9 To 5
- Diana Ross - It's My Turn
- Barry Manilow - I Made It Through The Rain
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?