Tuesday 28 January 1986
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jessica Ennis and Matt Heafy.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to That's What Friends Are For by Dionne & Friends.
In UK West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
while The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sivi dom.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Defender of the Crown or Knight Tyme.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1986!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1986 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Jessica Ennis: British athlete.
- Matt Heafy: Guitarist.
- Shruti Haasan: Indian actress.
- Jessica Ennis-Hill: Runner.
- Nathan Outteridge: Australian sailor.
- Ellison S Onizuka: Hawaii, United States -- Major USAF / ast, dies in Challenger disaster.
- Francis R Scobee: Washington, United States -- USAF / Astronaut, dies in Challenger disaster.
- Judith Arlene Resnik: Akron Oh, astr, dies in Challenger disaster.
- Michael J Smith: Beaufort NC, Cmdr USN, astr, dies in Challenger.
- Ronald E McNair: Lake City SC, astr, dies in Challenger disaster.
- Greg Jarvis: crew of Space Shuttle Challenger (Born 1944)
- Christa McAuliffe: American astronaut and teacher, the first private citizen allowed into outer space via national selection and an instant celebrity in her connection to the fated expedition of the NASA spacecraft "Challenger."
- Ellison Onizuka: American astronaut aboard the Challenger which lifted off 1/28/86; 11:39 AM EST from Cape Kennedy, FL. It exploded 1 minute 12 seconds later.
- Judith Resnik: American astronaut. An honor student with a B.A. in Electrical Engineering, she began her training as an astronaut in March 1978. Her first shuttle flight was aboard the Discovery 8/30/1984, lasting six days and winning accolades for her solar experiments.
- Ronald McNair: crew of Space Shuttle Challenger (Born 1950)
- 25th Space Shuttle mission (51L) - Challenger 10 explodes 73 seconds after liftoff. Killed are: Christa McAuliffe (teacher), Dr Judith Arlene Resnik, US Air Force Major Ellison S Onizuka, US Air Force Francis R Scobee, payload specialist Gregory B. Jarvis, US Navy Commander Michael J Smith, Ronald E McNair.
- Angolan Unity Leader Jonas Savimbi visits Washington, DC.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dionne & Friends - That's What Friends Are For
- Survivor - Burning Heart
- Wham! - I'm Your Man
- Stevie Nicks - Talk To Me
- Lionel Richie - Say You, Say Me
- Bruce Springsteen - My Hometown
- Billy Ocean - When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going
- Paul McCartney - Spies Like Us
- Dire Straits - Walk Of Life
- Stevie Wonder - Go Home
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?