Thursday 28 January 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Frozen, directed by Adam Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 28 January 2010 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 January
- Five murderers of President Sheikh Mujibur Rahman of Bangladesh: Lieutenant Colonel Syed Faruq Rahman, Lieutenant Colonel Sultan Shahriar Rashid Khan, Major AKM Mohiuddin Ahmed, Major Bazlul Huda and Lieutenant Colonel Mohiuddin Ahmed are hanged.
- The U.S. Senate votes to give Ben Bernanke a second term as chair of the Federal Reserve. (AP)
- Aftermath of the 2010 Haiti earthquake:
- The International Monetary Fund loans US$114 million to Haiti following the recent earthquake devastation, with the full amount due to be transferred by the end of the week. (''The Hindu'')
- Teenager Darlene Etienne is pulled alive from the rubble of Port-au-Prince ampquothappy but dehydratedampquot 16 days after being buried, having spent the time drinking Coca-Cola and water from a bath. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- French medics report that American medics' risky ampquotguillotine-amputationsampquot were made too fast, patients now risking necrosis, septicemia, and requesting later a 2nd amputation to better protect the patients. (''LeMonde'')
- North Korea:
- North Korean vessels fire again across the Northern Limit Line maritime boundary with South Korea. (''WSJ Europe'')
- An American man is detained after crossing into North Korea from China. (BBC)
- The death toll from yesterday's apartment collapse in Liège reaches nine as the search for bodies is temporarily suspended due to the danger caused by other falling buildings. (TVNZ)
- Three players are dismissed during the semi-final football match between rivals Algeria and Egypt in the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations, months following their previous meeting which led to international violence and diplomatic skirmishes. (''USA Today'')
- Colombia makes a formal diplomatic protest to Venezuela over the latter's alleged violation of Colombian airspace by a military helicopter. (Colombia Reports)
- Sudan's ruling National Congress Party endorses South Sudan President Salva Kiir in upcoming elections. (''Sudan Tribune'')
- Former French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin is cleared of charges of complicity to false denunciation in the ''Clearstream'' affair. (France 24)
- Iran executes two opposition supporters for their role in the election protests in the country. (''WSJ'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?