Tuesday 28 July 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Avenging Conscience: or 'Thou Shalt Not Kill', directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1914 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Raoul Vaudable: B?ziers Military man.
- Carmen Dragon: American conductor, composer and arranger (Born 1914).
- Foxtrot 1st danced at New Amsterdam Roof Garden (NYC, by Harry Fox)
- Minister of Navy W Churchill routes British fleet to Scapa Flow
- World War I begins: Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia after it failed to meet the conditions of an ultimatum it set on July 23 following the killing of Archduke Francis Ferdinand by a Serbian assassin. This event leads to the outbreak of war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Peerless Quartet
- In the Valley of the Moon - Elizabeth Spencer & Vernon Archibald
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?