Tuesday 28 July 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Avenging Conscience: or 'Thou Shalt Not Kill', directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1914 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Raoul Vaudable: B?ziers Military man.
- Carmen Dragon: American conductor, composer and arranger (Born 1914).
- Foxtrot 1st danced at New Amsterdam Roof Garden (NYC, by Harry Fox)
- Minister of Navy W Churchill routes British fleet to Scapa Flow
- World War I begins: Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia after it failed to meet the conditions of an ultimatum it set on July 23 following the killing of Archduke Francis Ferdinand by a Serbian assassin. This event leads to the outbreak of war.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Peerless Quartet
- In the Valley of the Moon - Elizabeth Spencer & Vernon Archibald
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?