Wednesday 28 July 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Seven Sisters, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1915!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1915 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Charles Townes: American physicist, Nobel Prize winner and educator.
- Enrique Solari Swayne: Peruvian psychologist, playwright and writer, considered one of the greatest exponents of Peruvian theater.
- Wendell Coats: American military, general.
- Dick Sprang: American illustrator (d. 2000).
- Vilbrun G Sam: Rebellion leader / President of Haiti, lynched.
- 10,000 blacks march on 5th Ave (New York City) protesting lynchings.
- US forces invade Haiti, stays until 1924.
- The United States occupation of Haiti begins.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Tango Girl - Albert & Monroe Jockers
- Simple Melody - Walter Van Brunt & Mary Carson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?