Saturday 28 July 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Little American, directed by Mary Pickford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1917 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 July
- Silent Parade in NYC to protest murders of blacks in race riots
- The ''Silent Protest'' is organized by the NAACP in New York to protest the East St. Louis Riot of July 2, as well as lynchings in Texas and Tennessee.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Night Time in Little Italy - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Lookout Mountain - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- The Man Behind the Hammer and the Plow - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?