Tuesday 28 July 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Matthews and Kenneth M Stewart.
Sally of the Sawdust, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1925 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Bruce Matthews: Newspaper executive.
- Kenneth M Stewart: Euro MP for Merseyside West.
- Larry Pruden: Composer.
- Baruch Samuel Blumberg: American physician, Nobel laureate (d. 2011).
- Baruch Blumberg: American physician and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2011).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Way Down Home - Gene Austin & Carson Robison
- Let it Rain, Let it Pour - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Vernon Dalhart)
- Collegiate - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- The Flapper Wife - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Gene Austin)
- Adeste Fideles - Associated Glee Clubs of America
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?