Wednesday 28 July 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Ward and Peter Duchin in New York City.
San Quentin, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching The Mizzen Cross Trees.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1937!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1937 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Anthony Ward: Writer.
- Peter Duchin in New York City: New York, USA; pianist/bandleader (Peter Duchin Orchestra).
- Francis Veber: French film director, screenwriter and producer, and theater playwright.
- Eddie Paynter scores 322 for Lancashire against Sussex
- Richard Moore scores 316 for Hampshire against Warwickshire
- The Irish Republican Army attempts the assassination by bomb of George VI in Belfast.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?