Monday 28 July 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, directed by Norman Z. McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1947 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Louis Berot: .
- Sylvain Auroux: French linguist.
- Alexei Sergeyevich Borodai: Russian Colonel / Cosmonaut.
- Barbara Ann Ferrell Edmondson: Mississippi, United States -- 4x100m runner (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Elena Novikova-Belova: USSR -- Foils (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Miguelina Cobian: Santiago, Cuba -- 4x100m runner (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist)
- Sally Struther in Portland: Oregon, USA; actress (Gloria - All in the Family).
- Sally Struthers: American actress best noted for her vacuous role of Gloria in the TV series "All in the Family" that premiered 1/12/1971 and starred in the show with high ratings for seven years. The series left the air 9/21/1983. She won an Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a comedy series 1971-1972.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?