Wednesday 28 July 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Key Largo, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1948 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Gerald Casale: American singer-songwriter guitarist and director (Devo and Jihad Jerry & the Evildoers).
- Georgia Engel: in Washington DC; actress (Georgette - Mary Tyler Moore Show).
- Eiichi Ohtaki: Japanese singer-songwriter and producer (Happy End) (d. 2013).
- Sergei Bodrov: Khabarovsk, Russia -- Director (Katala, Somebody to Love).
- Jay Matthews: Canadian champion skater.
- Jerry Casale: American musician, a songwriter, keyboardist and bassist with "Devo," a rock ‘n’ roll group. They formed in 1972 in Akron, Ohio by Kent State art students Jerry Casale (bass) and Mark Mothersbaugh (vocals), along with Bob Casale (guitar), Bob Mothersbaugh (lead guitar), and Alan Myers (drums). Casale has also composed music scores.
- Sally Struthers: American actress
- I G Farben chemical plant explodes in Ludwigshafen, Germany, 182 die
- The Metropolitan Police Flying Squad foils a bullion robbery in the ''Battle of London Airport''.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?