Thursday 28 July 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steven Peregrine Took and Vida Blue.
In the Good Old Summertime, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Magic Cottage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1949!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1949 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Steven Peregrine Took: Rocker (T-Rex).
- Vida Blue: American athlete, a baseball pitcher with Oakland in 1971.
- Marco Ferradini: Italian pop-rock singer-songwriter and musician, who debuted as a guitarist in several groups.
- Simon Kirke: English rock drummer best known as a member of Free and Bad Company.
- Rik Van Linden: .
- Peter Doyle: Australian singer and guitarist (The New Seekers) (d. 2001)
- Steve Took: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Tyrannosaurus Rex Pink Fairies Shagrat Steve Took's Horns) (d. 1980)
- Randall Wallace: American screenwriter and film producer
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 July 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?