Thursday 28 July 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In the Good Old Summertime, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1949!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1949 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Peter Doyle: Australian singer and guitarist (The New Seekers) (d. 2001).
- Steve Took: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Tyrannosaurus Rex Pink Fairies Shagrat Steve Took's Horns) (d. 1980).
- Randall Wallace: American screenwriter and film producer.
- Rik Van Linden: .
- Vida Blue: American athlete, a baseball pitcher with Oakland in 1971.
- Steven Peregrine Took: Rocker (T-Rex)
- Marco Ferradini: Italian pop-rock singer-songwriter and musician, who debuted as a guitarist in several groups. He started his career as a singer-songwriter in 1978, with the song "Quando Teresa verrà", which he entered in the competition at the Sanremo Music Festival. His main success was the song "Teorema" (part of the EP Schiavo senza catene), which became in a short time a classic in Italy. In 1985, he competed at the Sanremo Festival with the song "Una catastrofe bionda"; the subsequent eponymous album cont
- Simon Kirke: English rock drummer best known as a member of Free and Bad Company.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?