Wednesday 28 July 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Margolis and Hugo Chávez.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Raid, directed by Hugo Fregonese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1954 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Ken Margolis: Rocker (Mink DeVille).
- Hugo Chávez: Venezuelan politician and popular president of Venezuela, inaugurated on 2/02/1999, 10:45 AM, Caracas.
- Hugo Chavez: 52nd President of Venezuela.
- Bruce Abbott: American actor.
- Gerd Faltings: German mathematician and academic.
- Steve Morse: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Dixie Dregs Deep Purple Living Loud Angelfire Kansas and Flying Colors)
- Mikey Sheehy: Irish Gaelic footballer
- Ernest Blochs 4th string quartet, premieres
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?