Wednesday 28 July 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Raid, directed by Hugo Fregonese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1954 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Bruce Abbott: American actor.
- Gerd Faltings: German mathematician and academic.
- Steve Morse: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Dixie Dregs Deep Purple Living Loud Angelfire Kansas and Flying Colors).
- Mikey Sheehy: Irish Gaelic footballer.
- Hugo Chávez: Venezuelan politician and popular president of Venezuela, inaugurated on 2/02/1999, 10:45 AM, Caracas.
- Ernest Blochs 4th string quartet, premieres
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?