Sunday 28 July 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Angels, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1957 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Milko Skofic: Italian noted family, the son of Gina Lollobrigida.
- Sophie Toscan du Plantier: French TV producer.
- Isaac Heinemann: German-born Israeli scholar and professor of classical literature (Born 1876).
- Jerry Lee Lewis makes his 1st TV appearance (Steve Allen Show)
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Wolverine Golf Open
- Heavy rain and a mudslide in Isahaya, western Kyushu, Japan, kill 992.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Johnnie and Joe - Over The Mountain; Across The Sea
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?