Saturday 28 July 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Shoot the Piano Player, directed by François Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1962!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1962 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Jonathan Pila: Australian mathematician at the University of Oxford.
- Rachel Sweet: American actress singer producer and screenwriter.
- 19 die in a train crash in Steelton, Pennsylvania
- Mariner I launched to Mars falls into Atlantic Ocean
- Nineteen die in a train crash in Steelton, Pennsylvania, USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Gravy (For My Mashed Potatoes) - Dee Dee Sharp
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?