Wednesday 28 July 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Matali Crasset and Vincent Moscato.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm Alive by The Hollies was in the top 5 hits.
Darling, directed by John Schlesinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1965!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1965 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Matali Crasset: French industrial designer, who in 2000 set up her own studio in Paris called Matali Crasset Productions.
- Vincent Moscato: French actor and humorist, sport radio talk host, former player (hooker) of the rugby union.
- Priscilla Chan: Hong Kong singer.
- Delfeayo Marsalis: American jazz trombonist and record producer.
- LBJ sends 50,000 more soldiers to Vietnam (total of 125,000)
- Vietnam War: U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson announces his order to increase the number of United States troops in South Vietnam from 75,000 to 125,000.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 July 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- The Dave Clark Five - I Like It Like That
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?