Friday 28 July 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Light My Fire by The Doors.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
In the Heat of the Night, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1967!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1967 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Alex Galtcheniouk: Hockey forward (Team Belarus, Olympics - 1998).
- Lori Loughlin in New York: USA; actress (Edge of Night, New Kids, Secret Admirer).
- Taka Hirose: Japanese bass player (Feeder).
- Karl W Richter: American aviator (Born 1942).
- Pirate Radio Station 390 (Radio Invicta) (England) closes down
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- The 5th Dimension - Up-Up And Away
- Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
- The 4 Seasons - C'mon Marianne
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?