Tuesday 28 July 1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield.
In UK Ghost Town by The Specials was in the top 5 hits.
Heavy Metal, directed by Gerald Potterton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1981!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1981 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Billy Aaron Brown: American actor.
- Jo In Sung: South Korean actor.
- Nancy Alexiadi: Greek singer.
- Jo In-sung: South Korean actor.
- Bi Wenjing: Chinese gymnast.
- Fr Stanley Rother: American Roman Catholic Priest and missionary (Born 1935).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Air Supply - The One That You Love
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
- Kenny Rogers - I Don't Need You
- Oak Ridge Boys - Elvira
- The Manhattan Transfer - Boy From New York City
- Marty Balin - Hearts
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?